Weekend Reflections 1/13

Looking outside...it's clear and currently 33. The sun is shining and the sky is blue. We've had rain this week, which we need, but no snow since Christmas. I'm okay with that. The sun is shining. That's the most important thing.

Listening...to absolute silence. The boys are asleep. The Doctor is seeing some patients this morning.

Loving...time with The Doctor. I do enjoy being in the office with him and working together. I love hearing him talk and work with patients. I love seeing patients walk out of his office happy and feeling better.

Thinking...that I could use some solitude. I think we're overdue for a drive up the mountains.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru. We grilled burgers and brats last night.

Wearing...yellow minion jammies, black long-sleeved shirt and pink fuzzy socks.

Reading...Mmmhhhhmmm.

Today...who knows. We could all use some down time.

Quoting...
 
Feeling...tired and drained. Have I ever mentioned how much I despise health insurance companies? 

Thursday, I came home with a stress-induced migraine. Friday, I called one company trying to find out benefit information on a patient and I actually cried after ending the call. I miss the days when you could hang up on a person and they knew it.

I had a whole rant written a few minutes ago. I even named insurance companies. And then, I deleted it. There is no point in ranting today. I spend far too much time ranting.

I had a wonderful Simply Healed session last week with Melanie Newman. She's amazing. I've worked with her before and I had mentioned in passing that I wanted to do another session. My sweet husband listened and as one of his Christmas gifts to me, scheduled a session for me at the first of this year. I was touched that he'd listened. And my session with Melanie was wonderful. We released so many blocks and I came away feeling lightened and focused.

And then, I let the negativity of working in healthcare bring me down again. I haven't been focusing on my own positive energy, my own affirmations. I've been letting outside influences affect me instead of my making a difference to them.

So, I'm going to focus on myself this weekend. I'm going to work at raising my own energy and building better things within myself.

Planning...this next week. Looking ahead to Spring Break.

Gratitude...for the sunshine today.

From my world... 



I love these three men.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. When politicians talk about healthcare changes, they never address the fact that insurance companies dictate our care. It just infuriates me.

    It's been so cold here - I am so over winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be interested in reading THE 7 HEALING CHAKRAS: UNLOCKING YOUR BODY'S ENERGY CENTERS by Brenda Davies, MD. I've read it twice, and I've really enjoyed it. There are a few concepts that I don't agree with, but there is a lot of truth within the pages of the book. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bermudaonion on the health care thing. It dictates what health care we get when, which literally has a trickledown effect on EVERYTHING in our life. Ugh! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment